I went to a women's retreat at Camp Wilderness way up in the mountains for two days. We actually left at 4pm Friday after work and got there around 6:15. We had a delicious dinner prepared by a few of our Priesthood leaders and some sisters. Then we sang Karaoke! I did "Stop, in the Name of Love" by the Supremes. I know I can't sing but it was fun. Ha! Ha! Then we watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" till around midnight. I had some kind of a panic attack that my family had no way to contact me in an emergency because our cell phones didn't work up there, and then I started freaking out about the spiders on the wall of our cabin. They were tiny but I didn't care. They were by my bed so we scooted my bed out and my friends put another mattress between my bed and the wall. The bunks were not tall enough to sit on the bottom so I squeezed into my sleeping bag and didn't sleep all night. It was miserable! We were supposed to hike in the morning, but I got a pinched nerve in my back and it hurt to sit or bend. I was in great shape! We had an awesome breakfast, then did crafts and guessed who was who on the wall of baby pictures. I guessed 12 out of 17, not bad! The crafts were snowmen or witches out of socks, post-it holders, and T-shirt totes without sewing. I had fun with all the crafts! For lunch Carl Bunting made homemade big rolls and we had chicken salad on them. Yummy!!!! Everyone brought sweets and treats and chips to snack on for two days. I enjoyed that! After lunch, we drove home but ran into a herd of cattle. That was interesting. We were told by the cowboy to drive very slowly down the center of the road and the cows would just move out of the way, and they did! We got home around 4pm I think. It was a good time socializing with old friends and making new ones. My back still hurts though!!!!!!
 |
| my bunk bed was the bottom left. |
 |
| Karen Reeves, me and Mary Estes |
 |
| Karaoke time! |
 |
| In front of my cabin |
 |
| All the ladies |
 |
| my bunk mates |
 |
| my crafts, a witch and post it holders |
 |
| Mary in front of our cabin |
 |
| The trail up to the lodge from our cabin |
 |
| driving home through a herd of cows! |
 |
| out my car window! |
No comments:
Post a Comment