The Fischers

Photobucket

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Family Trip to Carpinteria Beach 1st day, June 3rd

We took a family trip to Carpinteria Beach from June 3rd to June 7th. The weather was perfect, a little overcast in the morning and then the sun came out! Our first night was a little scary because Brian and Mandi had a big box of Sun Chips and the racoons decided to attack! I didn't think they could get into it but out of 30 bags, only 12 were left that weren't torn open. Mandi was in her tent shining a flashlight and Gregg and I were shining one from out tent. The racoons didn't even flinch. I told Gregg to go out and save the chips but he said no way! He wasn't going to get attacked by racoons. Ha! Ha! I had to go to the bathroom so bad but I was afraid to leave my tent so I held it for 5 hrs till daylight. That was a miserable night with no sleep. The racoons were big too! In the morning we heard Mandi say, "Dad, unlock the truck!" "Dad, unlock the truck!" There were still racoons in our camp and she had to climb in the truck to get away. Then we got attacked by ants all over our tents and the fire ring. We bought some ant spray and that took care of that problem! After that drama, we thought it was over, but then we ran out of propane the second day so we had to buy our food. (not that I minded not cooking, Ha! Ha!)There was no place to fill the propane. How crazy is that in a camping town? Kristi and Eric's dog (Cairo) had to come with us because he injured his ankle and had to stay calm, so he couldn't be around their other dog. So he had a nice vacation too and did very well. Sean had to work so he came on Wednesday night after work to join us. Our campsite was great! I was worried it would be too small but it fit us just fine. We were right by the grassy field and the playground for the kids which worked out perfectly. I'm going to add pictures for each day of our vacation so more to come tomorrow!
Brooklyn and Sienna posing!

Family tents, Kristi and Eric's, Sean and Bree's, Mandi and Brian's

Cairo gets a vacation too!

kids love the dirt!
Our campsite, it was great!

No comments: