The Fischers

Photobucket

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The House That Built Me

Today Mikey and Larissa are supposed to close on buying Dad's house. My emotions are tender as I think of my life in that wonderful place called home. I went to see what they've done with the decorating inside. My old bedroom is now the baby nursery. It was hard to see things so changed. The door was still the same though. There are still stickers that I put on it back in high school days. Wow! Over 37 yrs ago! I don't know how people leave their childhood homes with all the memories without feeling some sadness. Dad's library is gone off the wall and the carpet is now beautiful hardwood flooring. But it is beautiful what they've done to it, and I know it was done with love. I'm so thankful for that, and that someone from our family lives there now. Mikey and Larissa, take care of our home and love it as we have all our lives. I know you will. Congratulations on your new home!
 Oh, I'm still feeling really sick. I went to the doctor this morning and they put me on anti-biotics. I hope to feel better soon! I want to feel like eating again. I'll tell you how sick I am. I have a box of See's candy next to my bed from my birthday and I haven't eaten it! Now you know! Ha! Ha!

My childhood bedroom (it was decorated differently of course)

Dad's famous library! It's gone now along with the wall paneling.



Goodbye Home

No comments: