The Fischers

Photobucket

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Time Out For Women!

I went to "Time Out for Women" in Visalia, on March 8th and 9th. It's the first time I've ever gone to one of these events and it was so uplifting! I went with my friends, Nancy Stickler and her sister, and Gaye Bunting. We had a wonderful hotel right across the street from the convention center. We left about 2pm Friday and after we checked into our hotel, we went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Then we went to the convention around 5:45. The speakers started at 6:30 which gave us time to shop. They had tables of books from Deseret, clothes, artwork,food storage,wedding dresses, gifts, and all kinds of things. I was in heaven! I bought some art work and some great books. The speakers were unbelievable! Dallyn Vail Bayles is a singer and actor. He performed in Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera and played Hyrum Smith in the Joseph Smith movie that played at temple square. He sang so beautifully, it made me cry at times. He also spoke. Then on Saturday, we had a complimentary breakfast at the hotel, delicious! Then we went to the next session. Mercy River sang today and they were awesome! They also spoke about things in their lives. The speakers again were so fantastic! One of them is the author of one of my favorite books, "When Your Prayers Seem Unanswered". S. Michael Wilcox. I got him to sign my book! So excited! Another speaker was a man who lost his wife (5 months pregnant), his young daughter and a son, to a young drunk driver. He told of his experience and how he forgave the young man who killed his family. It was beautiful. I was on such a high for two days. I want to take my daughters next year for sure! I ran into a lot of friends there and just had the best time.
Me, Nancy (in green) and her sister ( I forgot her name!) my bad!

Surprise!!! I saw my friend Donna Ashby who had just moved away a few months ago!

One of the speakers, John Bytheway

I saw my friend Mary Estes!

Here we are with one of the singers, Dallyn Vail Bayles. He brought tears to my eyes with his voice, fantastic!

There were big screens so everyone could see

music group "Mercy River", they were awesome!

1 comment:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I LOVE TOFW! You would love BYU Women's Conference, too! I go every year with my girls (they don't all make it every year, but we go with who ever can). It's a great spiritual feast - like TOFW. Mercy River is one of my favorites, I have two of their albums. <3