The Fischers

Photobucket

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Welcome Boston Anthony Smith!

Mandi went to the doctor on Tues.,Sept 4th and they put her in the hospital (again) but this time it was to have the baby! I had dropped her off at the doctor's office and then she called for me to pick her up and take her to the hospital around 5:30pm. She said to bring some food! So I made her a quick sandwich and off I went. When we first got there, there was no room available so Mandi and I sat in the hall for a little bit. Then they got a room cleaned and we settled in. I stayed with her until about 11pm or so until Brian got there. Since I am banned from the delivery, ( a whole other story Ha! Ha!) I just waited all night to get the call that she had the baby. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well. I had Brooklyn with me too. I got a text that the doctor broke her water at 5:30am and that the baby would be here within an hour. Sure enough, Boston was born Sept 5th at 6:25 am! 7lbs 11oz, 20 1/2 inches long. I drove over immediately so I could see him. I was holding him when the nurse came in to check his blood sugar. Mandi had gestational diabetes. The nurse checked him 2 times and said his sugar was real low. So she had Mandi give him a bottle of formula and checked him again. It was still low. So off he went to the NICU and that was that! I never got any pictures of me holding him and Gregg didn't even get to see him at all. Boston was in the NICU for 5 days,until Sunday afternoon. It was hard for Mandi. She had to drive to the hospital every 3 hrs to nurse him day and night. I went with her sometimes so I could see him and Brian went too. Only 2 people could be in there at a time. No one else even saw him (except Kristi who was in the delivery room) until he came home. So finally Gregg got to see and hold him. We are elated! Another sweet spirit from the arms of Heavenly Father. We are so blessed!
finally the baby is coming for real!

welcome Boston!

Boston in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit)

poor baby with all the IV's and wires!

comfort in mommy's arms

Brooklyn and Boston ready to go home!

The whole family of four!

Brooklyn loves being a big sister!

2 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Congrats again, g'ma! So sorry for all the stress getting him here & glad there is a happy ending. Newborns are so incredibly magical. Enjoy the love.

Rinez said...

He sure looks like his big sister!